PreParing for Birth
Why become An instructor?
- Preparing For Birth, The Class is childbirth education without emphasis on any type of birth.
- Preparing For Birth, The Class is full of inspiration, discussion points and positive affirmations.
- Preparing For Birth, The Class includes 4 curricula - a 6 week, comprehensive class; a weekend class; a hospital specific class; and a homebirth class.
- Preparing For Birth, The Class is also a student journal, available only to BEST Certified Educators, that organizes the thoughts, hopes of dreams of an individual or couple and turns them into easy discussion points to bring up with their care provider, birth team, or partner.
- Preparing For Birth, The Class is printed on the softest high quality paper. It looks and feels luxe - families will feel pampered and will want to explore and journal between classes.
- Preparing For Birth, The Class is un-branded so if you are a doula or other professional, it will simply accent and add to all the wonderful things you are already doing!
connect with your students
Teach a class that prepared your students for any birth they are planning, at any place of birth. The language and materials are designed to be inclusive for all families and births.
stronger relationships, better births
Filled with thought provoking questions designed to get couples talking to each other and their health care provider, the student book helps your students to explore what they want in their birth and how they want to experience it. Your students will love the book because it isn't your class verbatim, it inspires them to leave class thinking, journaling and preparing. Your students will be prepared no matter what the birth plans are (or how they may change over time).
Becoming a BEST Certified Educator gives you access to Preparing For Birth curriculum that is brand-able and flexible. You can add your own branding to your course and marketing and adjust the length of the course as you need and is fitting for your students and situation. With four included curricula you have the flexibility to combine them as you see fit.
Preparing For Birth, The Class is written by Amanda Devereux and Maria Pokluda. Both are doulas and educators with more than a decade of experience, and they are the founders of BEST Doulas. Between them, they also carry the credentials of Labor and Delivery nurse (Amanda), certified childbirth educators, post partum specialists and IBCLC (Amanda). During their careers they have served thousands of families during their pregnancies, births, and postpartums. Preparing For Birth shares the secrets Amanda and Maria have learned in their vast experiences of helping families plan for childbirth.